Active ingredient: Diazepam
This medicine contains lactose
The other ingredients are maize starch, croscarmellose sodium, povidone (E-1201), colloidal silica, magnesium stearate (E 470b), talc and indigotine (E-132).
30 Long-acting tablets
Diazepan Prodes is prescribed for the treatment of anxiety, agitation, and psychic tension. It is also prescribed for patients with alcohol deprivation. Diazepan Prodes, is a benzodiazepine derivative that has tranquilizing, sedative, muscle relaxant, anticonvulsant (for seizures) and antipsychotic activity.
This drug may also be used together with other medicinal products in the treatment of seizure disorders as it has not been shown to be useful as a single treatment. In these cases, the doctor should periodically evaluate the usefulness of the medicine for each patient.
Avoid the use of Diazepan Prodes in the following cases:
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to diazepam or any of the other ingredients of Diazepan Prodes;
- If you are dependent on other substances, including alcohol;
- If you have closed-angle glaucoma (increased tension in the eye) and have severe chronic hypercapnia (increased carbon dioxide or CO2 in the blood).
Like any other drug, Diazepan Prodes can have some side effects which may occur during the course of taking this medicine, such as:
- muscle weakness;
- anterograde amnesia (lack of memory);
- diplopia (double vision);
- difficulty articulating words;
- hypotension (low blood pressure);
- disorders of libido (sexual appetite),;
- dry mouth or secretion of saliva exaggerated;
- skin rashes;
- urinary retention;
- blurred vision.
If any of the mentioned side effects gets serious, please immediately contact your doctor or pharmacist.